As many may know, Qatar Airways now fly direct from Auckland to Doha, connecting to a multitude of European cities.
If you’re far short of the number of points/miles required to book Qatar Airways flights from New Zealand, or there is no award seat availability for fixed travel dates, you could instead take advantage of a current promotion with Mastercard to enjoy a discount of up to 15% off the cost of your flight.
Enter the promo code “MASTERCARD” through this link between 26 April and 21 May 2017. The fares that have the discount applied will be marked with a small red star.
The savings aren’t spectacular, and in most cases, you’ll find better value by taking advantage of a points purchase promotion with AAdvantage – see our full guide here – sometimes saving up to 50% off the retail cost of a flight. However, this Mastercard offer might appeal to some, including those who want to save on an Economy flight where points use is not good value.
There are some travel blackout dates, so make sure you read through the full terms and conditions of this offer:
- Sales period: 26th April – 21st May 2017
- Offer valid for travel from 26th April to 10th December 2017.
- Blackout dates (travel not allowed):
22nd June -01st July 2017 and 15th August – 10th September 2017 on Qatar Airways operated flights worldwide.
14th July -29th July on Qatar Airways operated flights from Europe.
- The Journey has to be completed by 10th December 2017.
- Offer valid for MasterCard cardholders only on Qatar Airways operated flights worldwide, with the following exception: All itineraries originating from Qatar & Iran.
- Eligibility: You can only avail this Promotion by applying the unique promo code ‘MASTERCARD’ in the ‘Promo code’ area on www.qatarairways.com or qatarairways.com/mastercard and pay with your MasterCard credit, debit or prepaid cards.
- Qatar Airways will not be responsible for any fare differences if customers fail to enter the given promotional code at the time of booking.
- Fares displayed will already include the applicable discounts.
- Discount applies to base fare only and will be calculated on the existing market base fare at the time of booking, and any other promotional fares will be excluded from the additional discount.
- Discount does not apply to taxes, surcharges or any other standard market surcharges.
- Valid for return fares only.
- Valid for Business Class and Economy Class bookings. For flights where Business Class is not operated, First Class is applicable.
- All fares are subject to availability of the required sub-booking class at the time of booking and airfare may change without notice unless airfare is ticketed. A fee may apply for changes and cancellations according to the booking class.
- Minimum and maximum stay is dependent on the booking class.
- Children (2-11 years) fare is 75% of applicable adult fare. Adult fare is applicable for unaccompanied children.
- Infant (0-2 years without a seat) fare is 10% of applicable adult fare. Infant with a seat pays 75% of applicable adult fare.
- Offer cannot be claimed retroactively/on existing bookings.
- Detailed terms and conditions will be displayed at the time of booking. Check “Fare Conditions” from an online quote to view all applicable fare conditions, penalties and date change fees.