If you are chasing Qantas status and have some travel in mind, now is a good time to book. Make sure you register or this promotion first.
The last time this deal was on offer was back in February.
Current offer: Double Status Credits for bookings made until 14 August
The eligible travel period is wide open—flights from 21 August 2018 to 8 August 2019 are included—along with all Australian domestic and international flights in any class of travel.
As long as you fly on a QF-coded flight on a Qantas-operated aircraft, i.e. you’ll need to ensure you’re actually flying on a Qantas plane, not a partner like Jetstar, Emirates or Cathay Pacific, you should be eligible to earn double Status Credits.
You’ll need to register first, and there’s nothing lost by doing so other than about 60 seconds of your time—so even if you think you’ll be chasing down Qantas status in the next 12 months, then register anyway and consider if there are any bookings you could make now instead of after the promotion ends.
The promotion is likely designed to drive forward bookings for Qantas into the next year.
The SCs will credit within six weeks of completed travel. Changed/cancelled bookings are not eligible for the promotion – unless it is merely a change to a higher class of travel on a trip booked within the promotion period (same flights, dates etc).
Here are the instructions:
- Register for the offer (all passengers in the booking must register separately to earn double Status Credits)
- Book an eligible Qantas-operated flight between 9 and 14 August 2018, for travel from 21 August 2018 to 8 August 2019
- Don’t forget to include your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number in your booking to ensure you earn the double Status Credits
- Once registered, you can make multiple bookings to earn double Status Credits during the promotion
- August 2018: Double Status Credits on all Qantas flights
- April-May 2018: 1000 bonus Qantas Points on your next domestic or international Qantas flight with a QF flight number
- March 2018: Double points on all Qantas-coded and -operated flights
- February 2018: Double Status Credits on all Qantas flights
- January 2018: 1000 bonus points and free upgrade on car rentals with Avis and Budget
- November 2017: Double points on Qantas and China Eastern flights to/from and within China
- September 2017: Double points on Qantas and Emirates flights to Europe, Singapore and Dubai; double Status Credits on all Qantas flights (targeted); 300 bonus points for downloading Qantas Money app
- April 2017: Double points on all Qantas-coded and -operated flights and QF-coded Emirates flights to NZ
- January 2017: Double points on all Qantas-coded and -operated flights
- July 2016: Triple points on Qantas Economy flights and Emirates codeshare flights to the UK
Ongoing opportunities to boost your Qantas Points balance
There are a number of other ways to earn bonus Qantas Points, including by signing up to a Qantas Points-earning credit card like the Amex Platinum Charge or Amex Platinum Edge, staying at NZ hotels like Sudima, and booking accommodation through Airbnb.
And here are some of the best ways to use them.