For those who have family in Australia, this deal effectively allows you to ‘buy’ Qantas Points at half of their target value—and that doesn’t even take into account the value of the food.
This guide keeps track of bonus points promotions to boost your Qantas Frequent Flyer balance.
Earn up to 15,000 bonus Qantas Points + $50 off with HelloFresh food delivery
Feeling generous? You could order a few boxes of food for your friends or family in Australia, and cash in on some Qantas Points in the process.
- 5,000 bonus Qantas Points and AU$25 off on the first box
- another 5,000 bonus points and AU$25 off on the second box
- another 5,000 bonus points (but no discount) if you get to your tenth box
How to access the offer
- Subscribe to a weekly Classic, Veggie or Family Box using promo code HFQANTAS15
- Make sure that the email address you enter into the HelloFresh website is the same as the one in your Qantas account
There does not seem to be an expiry date on this offer. This offer excludes Tasmania, so no luck if your family are located there.
You can start your order through the offer pageoffer pageoffer page.
What is HelloFresh?
If you aren’t familiar with the service, HelloFresh has made a video to explain how it works:
HelloFresh also operate here in New Zealand, although this points offer is unfortunately not available here.
How to maximise this offer
The cheapest plan is the Veggie Plan for three meals a week with two servings each for AU$69.95, so with the AU$25 discount, you’d effectively be ‘buying’ the bonus Qantas Points at 0.8c a piece. That’s above our redemption target for Qantas Points at 2c each, so this is a fantastic deal—and that calculation doesn’t even take into account the value of the food, or the ‘friendly’ gesture of buying food for friends or family!
Terms and conditions
Here are the full terms and conditions of the offer:
You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions. Meal box offer available to Qantas Frequent Flyer members and is only valid on deliveries of a Classic Box, Veggie Box or Family Box. Use of promo code HFQANTAS15 will automatically sign you up to an ongoing weekly subscription. You’ll receive $25 off your first box order plus 5,000 bonus Qantas Points on your first box order. Members must receive their first box within 4 weeks of signing up for the offer to be valid. You’ll receive $25 off your second box order plus 5,000 bonus Qantas Points will be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account within 60 days of your second order. Members must receive their second box within 4 weeks of receiving their first box for the offer to be valid. 5,000 bonus Qantas Points will be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account within 60 days of your tenth order. Members must receive their tenth box within 20 weeks of receiving their first box for the offer to be valid. Meal box offer is only valid within HelloFresh delivery areas. Delivery area excludes Tasmania. Changes to box types or box subscriptions can be made before Tuesday 11:59PM AEST/AEDT (for WA, SA, NT) or by Wednesday 11:59PM AEST/AEDT (for QLD, NSW, ACT, VIC) prior to the week of your next scheduled delivery. Full terms and conditions available on HelloFresh.com.au
Ongoing?: Earn up to 15,000 bonus Qantas Points + AU$50 off with HelloFresh food delivery
- November 2018: Double points on all Qantas and Emirates flights
- October 2018: Double Status Credits on all Qantas flights
- August 2018: Double Status Credits on all Qantas flights
- April-May 2018: 1000 bonus Qantas Points on your next domestic or international Qantas flight with a QF flight number
- March 2018: Double points on all Qantas-coded and -operated flights
- February 2018: Double Status Credits on all Qantas flights
- January 2018: 1000 bonus points and free upgrade on car rentals with Avis and Budget
- November 2017: Double points on Qantas and China Eastern flights to/from and within China
- September 2017: Double points on Qantas and Emirates flights to Europe, Singapore and Dubai; double Status Credits on all Qantas flights (targeted); 300 bonus points for downloading Qantas Money app
- April 2017: Double points on all Qantas-coded and -operated flights and QF-coded Emirates flights to NZ
- January 2017: Double points on all Qantas-coded and -operated flights
- July 2016: Triple points on Qantas Economy flights and Emirates codeshare flights to the UK
Ongoing opportunities to boost your Qantas Points balance
There are a number of other ways to earn bonus Qantas Points, including by signing up to a Qantas Points-earning credit card like the Amex Platinum Charge or Amex Platinum Edge, staying at NZ hotels like Sudima, and booking accommodation through Airbnb.
And here are some of the best ways to use them.