If you have Gold status or above with any other hotel programme, then Hilton Honors is offering to match it at the equivalent level.
- Matches status from Accor, Marriott Rewards, IHG Rewards Club, World of Hyatt, Choice Privileges or any other hotel loyalty programmes
- You’ll get a free status match for 90 days
- You can extend your status until March 2021 if you complete four stays (for Gold) or eight stays (for Diamond) within that 90-day period
- You’ll need to show proof of existing status and previous stays in your application
- While usually these status match offers are ‘once per lifetime’, i.e. previous recipients cannot apply again, my experience has been that they will allow you to try again after a year to two. Be grateful if they do, rather than expect this, however
Why this offer is valuable
Gold status is valuable as it will offer you the fifth night free on award redemptions, handy for reducing the cost of longer stays. Plus you’ll get free breakfast, which can save you heaps of money, particularly in more expensive ‘remote’ destinations like islands
Diamond offers lounge access and additional points on top the benefits of Gold.
You can read more about status and benefits in our introduction to the Hilton Honors programme.
There is no expiration date on this promotion, so simply time your match to take advantage of any planned or already booked stays with Hilton properties.
The status match offer has consistently been renewing year after year, and I have taken advantage of it twice now, showing that Hilton also use it as a tool to simply encourage extra bookings—rather than being strict on it being a ‘one time’ offer.
Do you plan to take advantage of this status match offer? Let us know your match experience in the comments below.