After the success of the first-ever Frequent Traveler University held in Australia in Brisbane five months ago, the seminar series will be coming to Sydney on the weekend of 17-18 November.
Both myself and our Senior Writer Daniel Scibberas will be presenting sessions and available to chat points, loyalty programs and travel with anyone who is keen.
Note that there will not be any dedicated New Zealand content at this year’s FTU.
Tickets for the two-day event sell for AU$299 and it will be held at the Mercure Sydney, which is located right between Central Station and the University of Technology Sydney.
The key draw of the event is being able to hear a number of expert speakers and panellists talk specifically about the best ways to use rewards programs.
Included in the ticket price is:
- Two days of educational sessions
- Coffee and tea in the mornings
- Plated sit-down lunch on both days
- Afternoon tea and coffee with snacks
- Optional dinner on the Saturday night—details available after registration
- Internet in the conference rooms
The host hotel has a special discounted rate available for bookings made before 16 October. Reservations must be made by phone or email directly with the hotel, as the booking code (FTUSYDNEY18) cannot be used online.
Amongst the confirmed speakers are:
- Matt Graham, Australian Frequent Flyer
- Angus Kidman, finder.com.au
- Yvonne Strydom, Travel Physiotherapist & Travel Expert at Physical Travel Solutions
- Nick La Galle, ProtectMyPhotos
- Sarah Longstaff, OzFlyGirl747
- David Feldman, Loyalty Program Expert
- Alicia Clark, Corporate and Leisure Travel Specialist
- Keith (yours truly) & Daniel Scibberas, Point Hacks
Each speaker will run one or two lecture-style sessions of 60 minutes each with topics subject to the speaker’s interest and fit for the program.
The two of us from Point Hacks will jointly run one session each day on:
- Velocity and Virgin Australia 101
- How to use Award Nexus to search for award seats like a pro
as well as answer your questions during the final panel discussion on the Sunday afternoon.
Most luxurious ways to travel to the event from New Zealand
For those coming from across the pond, there are Business and First Class seats available on Emirates’ Friday evening A380 service from Christchurch, returning on the Monday morning.
Emirates A380 First Class
More about Frequent Traveler University
FTU have responsible for some of the best-run conferences for this kind of content for many years. They say it best:
Frequent Traveler University is the world’s premier educational series of seminars devoted to teaching travelers the best way to maximize their frequent flyer miles, hotel points and credit card rewards, while learning about new destinations, tools, and loyalty program intricacies to help make their travel cheaper, more comfortable and in more luxury.
We hope to see you in Sydney in November!
Supplementary image host hotel.