Passengers departing on an international flight from Brisbane can take advantage of four new lounges that opened in 2016, with this guide highlighting the Qantas International Premium and Plaza Premium Lounges. The other two are the Singapore Airlines SilverKris and Air New Zealand Koru Lounges.
The Plaza Premium lounge is a particularly good win – it’s the only substantial lounge in Australia offering access via Priority Pass – the only other options are the ageing Reef Lounge in Cairns, and the small Catalina Lounge in Darwin.
In this guide, we give you a tour of the lounges and explain how to gain access to them.
Qantas International Premium Lounge
Qantas has combined their First and Business Class offerings into one Premium lounge, as it has done in Singapore and Hong Kong.
It is located on Level 4 of the International Terminal and the opening hours are from 5am until midnight.
The lounge incorporates design elements from Queensland, including timber and inspiration from the Great Barrier Reef.
Qantas has also updated their Qantas Club and Domestic Business Class Lounges in the Domestic Terminal, as well as added an invitation-only Chairman’s Lounge.
By credit card
There are currently no credit cards in New Zealand that offer access to Qantas lounges.
By cabin or elite status
- Qantas, Emirates & Jetstar Business or First Class ticket holders: prior to a same-day Qantas, Jetstar Business Max or Emirates flight in Business or First Class
- Qantas Gold, Platinum and Platinum One members: prior to a Qantas, Jetstar, Emirates, China Eastern or oneworld flight in any cabin class
- Qantas Club members and Qantas Club Annual Guest Card holders: prior to a Qantas or Jetstar flight in any cabin class
- oneworld Sapphire, Emerald, International Business and International First members: prior to a oneworld flight in any cabin class
- Emirates Gold and Platinum Skywards members: prior to a Qantas or Emirates flight in any cabin class
- China Eastern Platinum Eastern Miles members: prior to a Qantas or China Eastern flight to mainland China (excludes Hong Kong)
Qantas do not openly sell single one-off passes to their lounges, however they may invite a Qantas Frequent Flyer member on a Qantas-marketed and -operated flight the opportunity to purchase a single Qantas lounge entry on the day of their flight.
Plaza Premium Lounge
This lounge is one of only three Priority Pass lounges in Australia.
Like its Qantas counterpart, it is also located on Level 4 of the International Terminal, between Gates 81 and 82.
Its opening hours are from 5:00am until 12am, with alcohol served from 7am.
There is complimentary buffet-style food, beer and wine, with spirits available for purchase.
Early reviews are talking about good tarmac views and customer service, but that the lounge is on the small side.
American Express Global Lounge Collection
American Express Platinum Charge members get unlimited access to all Plaza Premium lounges around the world, including this one in Brisbane.
To enter, present your Platinum Card, a boarding pass showing a confirmed reservation for same-day travel, and your passport. You can enter with one complimentary guest, and any infants under two years of age are also complimentary.
Each of your four free supplementary Platinum Card holders will also receive the same access entitlement.
Being a member of the global lounge network Priority Pass will get you entry into this lounge.
A few cards in New Zealand come with complimentary Priority Pass membership:
Diners Club Lounges
Additional guests will cost NZD$50 each.
Whilst you can pay $66 for five-hour entry pass, use the Dragonpass hack to get in for less than half that price.
All images are courtesy of Qantas, Plaza Premium and Priority Pass.imply dsd