American Airlines’ AAdvantage is offering between 1,500 and 50,000 bonus miles for travel between Australia/New Zealand and the US on Qantas and American Airline operated flights between 1 February and 31 May 2017, if booked by the end of the year.
You would earn the bonus on this route from New Zealand:
- Auckland to Los Angeles on American Airlines
and the following routes from Australia:
- Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane to Los Angeles (and onto New York) on Qantas
- Sydney to San Francisco on Qantas
- Sydney to Dallas/Fort Worth on Qantas
- Sydney to Los Angeles on American Airlines
The offer awards you a bonus for up to three one-way journeys ticketed with American Airlines, however, the offer is valid for both American- and Qantas-operated flights. That means you have to purchase your ticket through the AA website for Australia or New Zealand.
The bonus awarded increases incrementally per one-way journey to a maximum accrued bonus of 9,000 for three one-way Economy fares, 25,000 for three one-way Business fares, and 50,000 for 3 one-way First Class fares.
If not already an AAdvantage member, you can join here for free.
Then log in to your account and register for the promotion here using promo code SPF16 before 31 December 2016.
Tickets must be booked and paid for on the American Airlines website for qualifying flights operated from 1 February 2017 through to 31 May 2017.
The qualifying fare classes on flights marketed by American Airlines are:
- First Class fares booked in F, P, or A
- Business Class fares booked in J, R, D or I
- Economy Class fares booked in Y, H, K, M, L, W, V, G, Q, N, O or S
This is a useful bonus earning opportunity if you were already considering a trip to the US early next year and are happy to credit the mileage earn to an AAdvantage account rather than to another partner like Qantas Frequent Flyer or Asia Miles.
Featured image courtesy of American Airlines.